Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's Time

I apologize for slacking on my part of the blog

This past week has been busy with school and getting ready for hot hearts.


Imagine this...

You just laid your head down to sleep at around midnight and tomorrow morning you have a huge exam at school. Then you hear an obnoxious beeping noise which is your alarm. You have two choices; you can wake up, or get up push the snooze button and ignore it and go back to sleep. I will be honest I am the one who snoozes it. I DO NOT LIKE MORNING TIME!!!

Have you ever tried to put that in to play with your relationship with God. We have two choices take up our cross and Follow him or we can just ignore the fact that we have mighty loving Heavenly Father and live OUR lives.

Lets look at Matthew 10:38-39

NLT

38If you refuse to take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of being mine. 39 If you cling to your life, you will lose it; but if you give up YOUR life for me, you will find it.

The Message

38If you don't go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don't deserve me. 39 If your first concern is to look after yourself , you'll never find myself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.


Those two verses are powerful and we forget about them. It says if you refuse to take up YOUR cross and follow me you are not worthy of being mine.

Here is the best part of this; If you lose yourself and FOLLOW Christ you will not only find Him you will find yourself through Him.

Obviously Humans cant do it on their own I know first hand that I am weak with out the Power of God.






No comments:

Post a Comment